Five commitments I'm making this year:
- Move more, browse the internet less.
- Write something every day that is not a work product for a major retail company.
- Spend less money, accumulate less stuff and spend less time worrying.
- Eat less sugar and (even) more vegetables, but enjoy everything I consume without the crushing stupidity of guilt.
- Remember every single day how much the love in my life has sustained me and continues to sustain me. As a corollary to this one, I will also express my love for others without concern for looking silly, and without expectation.
Tomorrow, I will have more to say. For tonight, I'm focused on taking some time to read something worthwhile. Hooray for long weekends!
Note: I've committed to making writing a priority in my life again this year. And while some writers feel that blogging is a way to avoid "real" writing, I think that the accountability of writing daily in a semi-public forum is just exactly what I need to cement the writing habit in my daily life again. So if you read these posts, thank you. Leave a comment here or on Facebook - it will help me make this a priority.